For the latest COVID-19 impacts across North West HHS, including vaccination information, click here.
More pages in this section
Welcome to the North West Hospital and Health Service Cancer Care Unit
The North West Hospital and Health Service Cancer Care Unit is clinically equipped for all chemotherapy administration. The staff members liaise regularly with treating specialists (mainly Townsville based) and have planned and impromptu patient consults via telehealth.
Cancer patients referred from any centre can receive treatment in our Cancer Care Unit.
The Unit provides:
- Chemotherapy and other supportive treatment services (Central Venous Access Device CVAD)
- Telehealth consults with Medical and Radiation Oncologists in Townsville regularly
- Liaise with a large multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Coordinate referral to Allied Health and other
- Provide outreach services
- Comply with Best Practice Guidelines from Cancer Institute of NSW