For the latest COVID-19 impacts across North West HHS, including vaccination information, click here.
More pages in this section
The functions of the Board are provided in the Board Charter and include:
- Developing the strategic direction and priorities for the operation of the service
- Monitoring compliance and performance of the service
- Ensuring safety and quality systems are in place which are focused on the patient experience, quality outcomes, evidence-based practice, education and research
- Developing plans, strategies and budgets to ensure the accountable provision of health services
- Ensuring risk management systems are in place and overseeing the operation of systems for compliance and risk management reporting to stakeholders
- Establishing and maintaining effective systems to ensure that the health services meet the needs of the community.
The following committees support the functions of the Board.
- Audit and Risk
- Finance and Performance
- Safety and Quality
Each operates within terms of reference describing the purpose, role, responsibilities, composition, structure and membership.